- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) helps in providing banking facilities in an affordable manner to all sections of the society.
- The plan mainly includes savings or banking, remittance, deposit accounts, insurance, credit even pension services.
- Anyone has the right to open an account in any of the bank branch or the business correspondent outlet.
- A PMJD account can easily be opened even with a zero balance account.
- In case, the account holder wants to take help of cheque book, then he or she might have to fulfill the minimum criteria.
- Aadhar card is required, as the basic element. In case, address has been changed, then self-certification of present address is enough.
- In case, Aadhar card is not available, then the applicant can provide any of the following: driving license, voter card, NREGA card, PAN card or passport. If any of these documents have address, then they can work as a proof of identity.
- If you have none of these documents but have been categorized as “low risk” by bank, then you can open an account by submitting identity card with a photograph, as issued by Central or State Government departments; or a letter as provided as gazette official with attested photograph of the applicant.
Starting from interest on deposit to accidental coverage of 1 lakh rupees, to mobile banking, to zero-balance account and availing overdraft of Rs. 5000, there are loads of benefits with PMJDY plan. It is a government initiative to let people come under the roof of banking institution more.
How To Apply:
Go to this link and fill out your form: https://pmjdy.gov.in/files/forms/account-opening/English.pdf
Then go to any bank to open your account.
Did you know?
The State Bank of India (SBI) has discovered a new move to impress aspiring new ...
Frequently Asked Questions About PMJDY
1. What does the government target to do with this scheme? The government has ma...
If suggestion of Bombay Stock Exchange’ chief has its way then Jan Dhan Model ma...