27th May, 2018

TREAD Subsidy Scheme for Women

Overview

  • Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) scheme was launched by the Government of India under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
  • This scheme is mainly for underprivileged, illiterate or semi-literate women who are unable to get any help from banks.
  • Under this scheme, women are offered 30% subsidy on the total cost of the project. The subsidy is only approved if the loan request is directed through an NGO. The project cost is assessed by lending institutions that provide the remaining 70% loan assistance.

 

Documents Required

Interested institutions have to apply for such assistance directly to the Office of DC (MSME) providing all the relevant details in the prescribed format.

Benefits

The scheme aims to empower underprivileged women economically. Apart from financial assistance it also seeks to provide trade related training and counseling extension activities related to trades, products and services.