Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank was started in 2013 under the Companies Act. It has over 100 branches spread all across the country.
- The main focus of the bank is to help underprivileged and poor women who want to start their own businesses.
Some of the popular loans offered by Bharatiya Mahila Bank are:
- BMB Annapurna – This loan is provided for starting food-related businesses. With zero collateral and a repayment term of up to three years, women can get a maximum of Rs.1 crore as loan. It falls under the category of CGTMSE Scheme (Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises). It is offered at an interest rate of 11.75% (Base rate + 1.5%)
- BMB Shringaar – This is also a subsidiary free loan that can be availed by women for setting up businesses such as beauty parlours, spas, or salons. The Shringaar loans also fall under the CGTMSE Scheme. Loans can be availed at an interest rate of 12.25% (Base rate + 2%). Repayment period is seven years.
- BMB Parvarish – It is a collateral free loan for women who plan to open a daycare center. Under the CGTMSE Scheme, you can avail this loan for up to Rs.1 crore at an interest rate of 12.25% (Base rate + 2%). Repayment period is five years.
- Account Opening Form and Customer Information Form available on the official website of Bharatiya Mahila Bank will have to be filled in.
- Passport size photographs of the applicant will be required.
- Details of bank account, PAN Card and Aadhaar Card will have to be provided.
Most products are offered at a concessional rate of interest for the benefit of women customers.
The Bank offers internet banking facility through which customers can open Recurring Deposits, Fixed Deposits etc. Mobile banking App is also available. Fixed Deposits can also be accessed to avail premature facility.
The Bank also conducts programs on financial literacy and skill development to train women.