Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) helps in providing banking facilities in an affordable manner to all sections of the society.
- The plan mainly includes savings or banking, remittance, deposit accounts, insurance, credit even pension services.
- Anyone has the right to open an account in any of the bank branch or the business correspondent outlet.
- A PMJD account can easily be opened even with a zero balance account.
- In case, the account holder wants to take help of cheque book, then he or she might have to fulfill the minimum criteria.
- Aadhar card is required, as the basic element. In case, address has been changed, then self-certification of present address is enough.
- In case, Aadhar card is not available, then the applicant can provide any of the following: driving license, voter card, NREGA card, PAN card or passport. If any of these documents have address, then they can work as a proof of identity.
- If you have none of these documents but have been categorized as “low risk” by bank, then you can open an account by submitting identity card with a photograph, as issued by Central or State Government departments; or a letter as provided as gazette official with attested photograph of the applicant.
Starting from interest on deposit to accidental coverage of 1 lakh rupees, to mobile banking, to zero-balance account and availing overdraft of Rs. 5000, there are loads of benefits with PMJDY plan. It is a government initiative to let people come under the roof of banking institution more.
How To Apply:
Go to this link and fill out your form: https://pmjdy.gov.in/files/forms/account-opening/English.pdf
Then go to any bank to open your account.