Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (2005) or Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (mgnrega) is an Indian guarantee act of parliament to ensure the practice of labor law and social security.
- The act provides for the adult members of every household in rural India to rightfully receive employment for a minimum of 100 person-days. Employment is provided in works involving unskilled manual labor.
- The act and the laws under it provide for employment in rural India as a legal right. It also guarantees entitlements to workers such as extra wage allowances (if and when the worksite is farther than 5 km. of the worker’s home), safe drinking water, sanitation, and health and accident insurance facilities.
- The programme began in February, 2006, with 200 districts in its purview. By 2008 MGNREGA had covered all the districts in India.
- A household in rural India that wants to apply for work under the MGNREGA act must register itself with the Gram Panchayat, submitting details of name, age, sex, and address.
- After the Gram Panchayat verifies the details of the applicant s/he will be issued a Job Card, which will be valid for 5 years.
- The card will have the photographs of all the family members and a unique identification card.
- Any adult member from a rural household in possession of a valid Job card can apply for work.
The Act provides for a guaranteed minimum of 100 days of employment per household in rural India, along with proper work-related amenities, and special provisions for women and specially-abled workers.
How to Apply
A rural household can register itself with the Gram Panchayat submitting details of name, sex, age and address. He/she will be issued a job card which will be valid for five years.
STD Code: 011 [/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
|Smt Aparajita Sarangi||Joint Secretary||23383553 ,firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri K. K Sharma||PSemail@example.com|
|Shri Vikram Singh Aswal||PA||23383553|
|Dr. Suparna S. Pachouri||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri A. K. Sumbly||Deputy Secretary (RE-RE-I, II, V)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Rekha Chouhan||Deputy Secretary, (RE VIII)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri K.M. Singh||Under Secretary, (RE-III & SAGY)||email@example.com|
|Shri Ram Raj Meena||Under Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Smt Sneh Lata||Under Secretaryemail@example.com|
|Smt Neeta Tahiliani||Under Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Deepak Kumar||Assistant Commissioneremail@example.com|
|Shri Rakesh Bhardwaj||Under Secreatry (RE-VII)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Akhilesh Kumar||Assistant Director (RE-V)||email@example.com|
|Smt. Neelam Sharma||Economic Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Smt T. Mathew||Section Officeremail@example.com|
|Smt Sunita Bhanot||Section Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Susheela Menon||Section Officer, (RE-I)||email@example.com|
|Shri Chand Ram||Section Officer, (RE-III)||firstname.lastname@example.org|