Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the skilling and placement initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India. This scheme is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission(NRLM) - the Mission for poverty reduction called Aajeevika.
- DDU-GKY aims to enhance the skills of poor rural youth. This will enable them to get better jobs with regular monthly wages.
- This scheme is spread across 33 States/UTs across 610 districts partnering with over 202 PIAs covering more than 250 trades across 50+ sectors. It will benefit more than 55 million poor rural youth providing them sustainable employment opportunities.
- The MoRD has notified the Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to be followed while implementing the programme. It is mandatory for all project functionaries under DDU-GKY to be trained, assessed and certified in the SOP. An e-learning portal has been designed to facilitate self-learning of the SOP as well as certification.
In order to get enrolled in a training course, the following documents are required:
For proof of identity and age :
- Aadhaar Card or Election ID Card or any government issued photo ID card
- Birth Certificate, if Date of Birth is not listed in the above Identity Card.
For proof of eligibility :
- BPL Card of self or your household (where your name is also mentioned)
- MGNREGA worker card of any member of your household, with a minimum of 15 days of completed work
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) card of your household
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) or BPL PDS card of your household
- NRLM-Self Help Group identification or certificate for any member of your household
Proof required if claiming reservation/ relaxation in age limit :
- SC/ST Certificate issued by competent authority, with any of the above
- Disability Certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner, with any of the above.
- DDU-GKY ensures full social inclusion of candidates thanks to the mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged group. 50% of the funds will be earmarked for SCs and STs, 15% for minorities and 3% for persons with disabilities. One third of the persons covered should be women.
- The candidates will get completely free skill training at the Training Centre apart from other benefits. No fees, registration charges, examination, certification or placement charges will be levied.
- Regional inclusion of candidates is enabled through a special sub schemes. For example: Himayat scheme for youth of Jammu and Kashmir, Roshni scheme for tribal/ critical Left Wing Extremist (LWE) affected districts as well as schemes for the North Eastern States.
How To Apply
Click on this link and register: http://ddugky.gov.in/apply-now
DDU-GKY, Division, Ministry of Rural Development,
1st Floor, Western Wing Thapar House, 124
Janpath, New Delhi 110001
|Shri Narendra Singh Tomar||Minister of Rural Development||011-23782373,firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Amarjeet Sinha||Secretary (RD)||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri H Rama Krishan||PPS to (SRD)||011-23384467, email@example.com|
|Mrs. Alka Upadhyaya||Joint Secretary (Skills)||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Anil Kumar Malhotra||PS to JS (Skills)||011-23743625, 26, 28, email@example.com|
|Mrs. Madhu Surya||PS to JS (Skills)||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Anil Subramaniam||Director (Skills)||011-23743625, 26, 28, email@example.com|
|Shri SL Sharma||PA to Director (Skills)||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Sanjay Kumar||Under Secretary||011-23743625, 26 ,28, email@example.com|
|Shri Shashi Bhusan Tiwari||Under Secretary||011-23743625 ,26 ,28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Ajit Kumar Senapati||Section Officer||011-23743625, 26, 28 ,email@example.com|
|Shri Shailendra Kumar||Section Officer||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Praveen Kumar Kashyap||Junior Statistical Officer||011-23743625, 26, 28, email@example.com|
|Shri Shyamal Rao Chongli||Research Officer CAPART||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Sher Shingh||UDC||011-23743625, 26, 28, email@example.com|
|Shri NG Yirmayai||Assistant Director||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Durga Prasad||Accounts Officer||011-23743625, 26, 28, email@example.com|
|Shri Jitender Kumar||Asst. Section Officer||011-23743625, 26, 28, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shri Ram Kripal Yadav||Minister of State (Rural Development)|
|Private Secretary to MOS(RD)||011-23388859, 23388879|
|PS to Minister|