- Startup India intends to focus on different sectors like health care, education, social, manufacturing, agriculture etc. Thus there will be an all-round development in generating employment in different sectors. In order to include all t sectors in Startup India, the Action plan of Startup India has divided as under:
- The schemes under Startup India are designed in a way that it would focus on sustainable economic growth. It also tends to generate more employment opportunities both for the rural and urban entrepreneurs. It also intends to build up an ecosystem that will support new Start up ideas of social entrepreneurship.
- Startup India campaign was first introduced to the people of this country by PM Shri Narendra Modi in his speech at Red fort on 15th August, 2015. The prospectus of Startup India was later launched on 1st January, 2016 by Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- This campaign also aims at the benefitting SC/ST women and their social entrepreneurships.
- Startup India campaign is an initiative taken by the government of India with the purpose of overcoming the issues of unemployment in our country by paying special attention to the growth of new entrepreneurship and development of the existing entrepreneurs.
- Simplification and Handholding
- Funding Support and Incentives
- Industry-Academia Partnership and Incubation
- The candidates who are planning to apply for entrepreneurship under Startup India must come up with a new product or service or a new idea to renovate a process of production of existing product or a service. He can also focus on the process of creating or adding value for customers that would also enhance workflow in the business.
- The product, service or a process of production and distribution taken up an entrepreneur or any individual should have potential to commercialize or add on to the increment value.
- The entity or an entrepreneur must get a recommendation in a format given by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), from an Incubator established in a post-graduate college in India.
- The entity or the entrepreneur must seek for an incubator that receives fund for the project under Start up India, from the Government of India (GoI). The GoI has to be a part of certain schemes that supports innovative ideas regarding entrepreneurship.
- He must get a recommendation in a format given by DIPP from an incubator that is recognized under GoI.
- For setting up a Startup unit, he can apply for funds from Incubation Fund Angel Fund/ Private Equity Fund/ Accelerator/Angel Network that are registered under SEBI that endorses innovative nature of the business.
- The entity must receive a patent from the Indian Patent and Trademark Office for his entrepreneurship under Startup India
- Startup India is an initiative taken by the government of India to strengthen the economy of our country by generating and developing social entrepreneurship that will provide more job opportunities to the unemployed youth.
- Startup India aims at fostering a growth of an ecosystem that will support the young entrepreneurs in every sector including education, healthcare, agriculture, manufacturing etc.
- The schemes under the broad heading of Startup India also aims at empowering women in the society. Thus the hardworking entrepreneurs from the marginal section of the society and rural area will get opportunities to build up their entrepreneurship.
- The biggest benefit of registering under Startup India includes exemption from paying tax for first three years of the entrepreneurship.
- The registered entrepreneur will enjoy the benefits of self-certification and membership in an online portal and mobile app.
How To Apply:
Follow this link to register: http://www.startupindia.gov.in/registration.php
Startup India Hub
Toll Free Number: 1800115565
Working Hours :10:00 AM to 5:30 PM ( Monday to Friday )