The Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission
The Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission or NSM is an initiative taken by the Indian Government to promote sustainable development and encourage use of renewable energy resources.
- The mission was launched by former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in the year 2010.
- The main aim of the government is to present India as a potential leader in the global energy scenario.
- Through this mission, the government aims to introduce renewable energy resources in the country in a more effective and efficient manner.
- By promoting decentralized energy distribution, the program also aims at popularizing renewable energy resources at the grassroots levels.
Benefits of the program
Solar energy and power can emerge as one of the most effective and strong sources of energy in the country. Through this initiative, the government can ensure the following benefits for the people:
- Environment-friendly energy consumption
- Reducing burden on non-renewable energy
- Reducing carbon footprints
- Zero emissions
- Alternative energy resources
Documents Required and Application Not Applicable
Please log on to http://www.mnre.gov.in/solar-mission/jnnsm/introduction-2/ for a detailed account of the policies and schemes related to the program.
To take a detailed read, you may download here
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Block-14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110 003, India.