National Service Scheme
Launched in the year 1969, the National Service Scheme or NSS is a public service initiative taken by the Government of India.
- NSS happens to be a voluntary organization originating from schools, colleges, and universities.
- The scheme is aimed at helping students develop their personalities through participatory events and community service.
- It is a voluntary organization where the prime emphasis lies in identifying the problems of the community and taking necessary steps to solve them.
The National Service Scheme begins operations right from schools, colleges, and educational institution. To be a part of NSS, one has to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Student of a college
- School students
- Students of a University
- +2 Level students
The National Service Scheme ensures numerous benefits for the community and students participating in this initiative. Some of these benefits include:
- Community knowledge and upliftment
- Promoting group-living and sustainable development
- Developing democratic ideals and collaborative approaches
- Meeting emergency situations
- Extending special support during natural disasters
- Practicing social harmony and integration
Applicants can directly join the NSS program through the program coordinators. Provisions for Open Units are also there. The interested candidate has to be a student of schools, universities, or colleges.
How to apply
Most of the institutions have direct units where students can enroll themselves. You can also join NSS with perfect assistance from the respective program officers.
- National Integration Camp
- Blood Donation
- Disaster Management
- Adventure Programmes
For complete information and scheme related details, please take a look at http://nss.nic.in/faq.asp.
Directorate of NSS
National Service Scheme (NSS)
12/11, Jamnagar House, New Delhi
Phone : 91-11-23073324, 23384513
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org