Integrated Child Protection Scheme
Conceptualised in 2006, the Indian Government aims at protecting the rights of children, thus ensuring a safe and protecting environment for them. ICPS is a merger of several child protection schemes.
With the help of this particular scheme, the Government will try to protect vulnerable children, and juveniles who have experienced legal conflicts, abandonment, negligence, separation, abuse or any other difficult circumstance. Any child in distress can outreach a toll free helpline—1098 to access help.
Through the ICPS, the Government of India plans to:
- Institutionalize special schemes and services for children
- Provide them rehabilitation and long-care facility
- Build and enhance capabilities at every level
- Creating database for child development and protection
- Strengthen protection at family and community levels
You can get a detailed account of the scheme and the various programs undertaken at:
Send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
You can also track a missing or vulnerable child by searching on this website: