Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is an initiative by the Indian government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, launched in July, 2015. It aims at the standardization and recognition of skills.
- The prime objective of this initiative is to impart professional training to the youth of India, helping them achieve better job opportunities and career goals.
- Under this initiative, individuals will gain the opportunity to enhance working efficiency and competency of skilled persons along with daily-wage earners.
- The government also provides certifications and monetary rewards for this training, which is approximately Rs. 8000 per person, on the average.
- Apart from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, the National Skill Development Council (NSDC) is also involved in the project.
- Numerous Sector Skill Councils are also significant parts of this mammoth project, and they are responsible for making training arrangements.
Funding and Finance
- According to government reports, the ministry in association with the cabinet has so far approved a sum of Rs. 120 billion for the PMKVY project.
- The average award sum per candidate is Rs. 8000. Those who are already skilled in a recognized activity are eligible for an average grant of Rs. 2000-2500.
- The total target for disbursement in the initial year is Rs. 15 billion.
Under PMKVY, the government aims to impart professional skill development training to nearly 1-crore youth, over a span of 4 years from 2016 to 2020.
The project has been the center of popularity and attraction right from its launch. According to reports presented on the 18th of July, 2016, almost 18 lakh candidates enrolled for training under this scheme, out of which 17.93 lakh received the training.
PMKVY is a momentous step towards the growth and development of the country.
PMKVY Training Centers | How to Register|How to Apply
In order to avail of the scheme and register for skill development, or entrepreneurial support under PMKVY, reach out to any of the following training centers, listed with email ids and phone numbers.