National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme
The Ministry of Finance launched the National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme in 2013. The scheme promoted by the name STAR (Standard Training Assessment and Reward) seeks to encourage skill development among youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs.
The objectives of the scheme are to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill training
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of Rs. 10,000 per candidate.
- Benefit 10lakh youth at an approximate total cost of Rs. 1,000Crores.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the implementing agency for this Scheme. National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) will monitor the implementation of the Scheme, using mutually agreed criteria with NSDC.
This scheme is available to any candidate of Indian nationality who:
- Undergoes a skill development training in an eligible sector by an eligible training provider
- Is certified during the span of one year from the date of launch of the scheme by approved assessment agencies
- Is availing this monetary award for the first and only time during the operation of this scheme.
- The Scheme will provide monetary incentives for successful completion of the course. The monetary reward will be wholly funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and will be affected through direct bank transfer to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- Market-driven skill training will be imparted to around 10 lakh youth in a span of one year from the date of implementation of the scheme.
- All training will be aimed at developing skills in specific growth sectors.
- Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the Scheme will be separate. No overlap of roles will be allowed in order to ensure transparency.
- Appropriate consideration will be provided to the economically backward sections.
How To Apply:
- First go to this link: http://nscsindia.org
- Choose which choose you want to enroll in and also which manufacturer you want to do training under.
- Then register using your mobile number and pay the fees.
National Skill Development Corporation
Block A, Clarion Collection, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi 110016.