Scheme for Scholarship to Students From Non-Hindi Speaking States for Post Matric Studies in Hindi
- These scholarships aims at providing assistance to the Non-Hindi speaking states for teaching Hindi and provide them with enough opportunities to learn Hindi as it is one of the important official language of our country.
- The government also provides special opportunities for employment of the individuals who knows Hindi and can teach Hindi in the Non Hindi speaking states.
- This scholarship is available for the students of class XI and to those who are pursuing with Hindi in doctoral level.
- What you all need is to do is enroll yourself in a university or a government recognized Institution or Voluntary Hindi organization that teaches Hindi as a subject and offer courses like graduation post-graduation and similar higher degrees.
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates belonging to the Non Hindi speaking states and Union Territory like Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Chandigarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Goa Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep, Mizoram and Pondicherry can apply for this scholarship.
- Students residing outside the states and union territory mentioned above are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates applying for this scholarship should not be engaged in full time or part time jobs with government or private organizations.
- Students who are still in bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. However if they have taken Hindi as one of the subject in graduation, they can apply for masters in Hindi in the same university and can then apply for this scholarship.
- Students who have opted for Hindi as their main subject in masters can apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates who have enrolled themselves in any correspondence course are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Rate of Scholarship
Students of class XI and XII will be awarded with an amount of Rs. 300. Students in their graduation years will receive Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 if they are pursuing masters in Hindi.
Candidates will receive the scholarship amount as per the rate of scholarship for their course years. The research scholars will receive the scholarship for two years and that can be extended on the recommendation of the research supervisor.