Post-Matric Scholarship for Schedule Caste Students
- This scholarship scheme is funded by Central Government of India.
- Funds are given to the State government and the Union Territory with the purpose of providing financial aid to students belonging to Schedule Castes.
- This Scholarship aims at the providing help to the schedule cast students who aspires to carry on with higher education.
- The scholarship is given to the students who are enrolled in post Matriculation courses. It is meant to support the Schedule caste students to pursue higher academic courses anywhere in India.
Who can Apply?
- Students whose family income is below Rs. 2,50,000 can apply for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is available only to the citizens of India. In order to claim the scholarship, the students must have a domicile of the state to which he belongs or have been residing
- The students must enroll themselves in the post Matric courses from UGC recognized institutes or universities
- This scholarship is not given to the students who are enrolled in courses related to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Private Pilot licensing.
- Students must pass the examination of class X and XII schools or institution that is affiliated to state Board or Board of examinations.
- Students who have already completed or have enrolled in professional courses like L.L.B or B.Ed are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Medical students can also apply for this course provided they will not be allowed to practice during the period of receiving scholarship.
- Students enrolled in Post Matriculation correspondence courses are also eligible to apply for this course.
- Students who are currently doing a job can also apply for this scholarship but their income and their family income should not exceed the Rs. 250,000 per annum.
Rate of Scholarship
The hostellers will receive an amount of Rs. 1200 and the day scholars will receive an amount of Rs. 550 in the graduation and post-graduation years. Students enrolled in professional courses and residing in hostels will be awarded with the scholarship of Rs. 820 and the day scholars will receive an amount of Rs. 530.
The students will continue to receive the scholarship amount till the completion of the course in which he is enrolled. The scholarship amount will be renewed every year depending on the merit and academic performance of the student.