Government of India PhD Scholarships in Mathematics
- This scholarship is offered by National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) for PhD scholars who are pursuing research in the field of mathematics.
- The scheme aims at encouraging the research scholars to carry on a research in mathematics and provide financial aid to research projects that engages the doctoral and post-doctoral scholars to develop new concepts related to the study and teaching of Mathematics.
- The initiative of starting with National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) was taken up by government of India under the Department the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) that aims at fostering research in higher science and mathematics.
Who Can Apply?
- Scholars pursuing research from government recognized institutes like Harish Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is awarded to the scholars who are aiming to pursue a research work in higher mathematics. He/she must have a master’s degree in pure or applied mathematics or statistics. The scholars applying for this scholarship must have good academic records.
- Students holding second division in Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc) may also apply for this scholarship but he or she should have completed her master’s degree or an equivalent course.
Rate of Scholarship
Students will be receiving a scholarship amount of Rs. 25000 per month for the first and second semester and Rs. 28000 per month in the final year of their course work. Scholars will also receive contingency of Rs. 32000 along with the house rent allowance.
The scholars will receive the scholarship amount for period four years, and will be renewed at the end of each year. The scholarship is given to the students per month.