- Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled digital service for providing life certificate to pensioners of Central Government, State Governments, Defense Personnel or any other Government organization.
- Currently, there are more than 1 Crore pensioners in India who get their pension through Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs) such as banks, post offices, etc. Pensioners are required to furnish a Life Certificate to these PDAs every November, either by personally presenting themselves or by delivering a life certificate in the prescribed format to ensure continued and uninterrupted receipt of pension.
- This requirement to personally produce this certificate cause huge hardships and inconvenience, particularly to the aged and/or infirm pensioners.
- Addressing this problem, the Government of India on 10th November 2014 launched the Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Scheme known as Jeevan Pramaan.
- Jeevan Pramaan digitizes the whole process of securing the life certificate, making it hassle-free for pensioners and cutting down on unnecessary logistic hurdles.
- It is a breakthrough initiative which creates a digital identity for pensioners and eliminates the need of physical presence of the pensioners for continuously receiving their pensions. With the provision of digital life certificate, pensioners claim the right to prove his digital existence to Pension Disbursing Agencies.
- Jeevan Pramaan is an optional system and currently about 78.23 lakh pensioners are already registered for it.
- The Jeevan Pramaan portal and its software is designed, developed and maintained by National Informatics Centre, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
All eligible pensioners can obtain digital life certificates by enrolling themselves with Jeevan Pramaan.
- Senior citizens do not have to physically present themselves every month at government agencies for continued receipt of pension.
- It enables pensioners to generate life certificate from home using their computer and fingerprint scanner or submit life certificate from their nearest Jeevan Pramaan centres.
- It also helps in reducing the chances of wrongful disbursal of pension.
At the time of registration, pensioners need to furnish the following information/documents:
- Aadhaar Card number (which needs to be updated in the bank account and pension account)
- Pension Payment Order (PPO) number
- Bank Account Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Id (for downloading Jeevan Pramaan application at home using PC/mobile)
How to Apply
For obtaining digital life certificate, pensioners can register in two ways:
- Pensioners can visit the nearest Jeevan Pramaan Centres which are being operated by Citizen Service Centre (CSC), banks or other designated offices. Pensioners may have to pay a nominal fee for registering online using their services. You can locate a centre near you at https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/locater. You can also send SMS typing JPL to 7738299899 to get a list of Jeevan Pramaan Centres near your residence.
- Alternatively, pensioners can also download the PC/Mobile application from home at https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/app/download by providing their email Id. After installing the application, the client software will help perform a registration for life certificate.
- Pensioners will need to enter their necessary information/documents already mentioned above in the ‘Documents required’ section.
- The information is authenticated online using Aadhaar platform. Pensioners will need to provide their biometrics, either a finger print or Iris (eye) scan for authentication. For this process, pensioners will need to plug their fingerprint scanner or IRIS scanner to the computer.
- After successful authentication, pensioners will receive a SMS acknowledgement along with a Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
- The digital life certificate is stored in the Life Certificate repository which can be accessed by the pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies as and when required by them.
- Pensioners can download a PDF copy of their life certificate by providing the Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number at the official Jeevan Pramaan website.
- The life certificates can also be electronically delivered to the Pension Disbursing Agency without any manual intervention.
You can find the detailed information at:
The list of Sanctioning Authorities and its corresponding Disbursing Agencies can be accessed here:
Adress : Jeevan Pramaan Project
3rd Floor, National Informatics Centre
A Block, CGO Complex
New Delhi - 110 003 India
Contact Jeevan Pramaan team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Service (Call Centre) Phone: (91)-0120-3076200