Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
As an important part of the ‘National Social Assistance Program’ (NSAP), the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) aims at bettering the lives of women, especially widows.
- According to the principles and clauses laid down in this scheme, widows living below the poverty mark will be entitled to financial benefits.
- Improving living conditions for women even in rural areas seem to be the primary aim of the government.
Under this scheme, the beneficiary will receive a sum of Rs 300 to Rs 500 per month from the central government. The eligibility criteria for this claim is as follows:
- According to the current revisions, the age limit for entering the scheme is 40-79 years. An amount of Rs 300/- is payable to such pensioners aged between 40-79 years.
- After attaining the age of 80 years, the beneficiary will get Rs 500 per month
The entire scheme will run on Central Government contributions. However, respective state governments will also make financial contributions.
One of the major benefits of the scheme is its effect on women welfare in the country. Widows who are dependent, as well as poor will have financial support to rely on.
- Death Certificate of Husband (Applicants must request and ensure their names to be mentioned in the death certificate to submit claim)
- BPL Status Certificate (verifiable through Ration card)
- Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip or Copy of his request made for Aadhaar enrolment; and,
- Any of the following documents, namely:
- Voters’ ID Card issued by Election Commission of India
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook with Photo (Kisan Photo Passbook also valid)
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving Licence
- MGNREGA Card
How to Apply?
Application Forms can be obtained free of cost (also in the local languages) from the designated officer appointed by the respective state governments.
At the district level the implementation of the scheme has been entrusted to Zilla Parishad or its equivalent. At the local level, the Gram Panchayat /Municipality would implement the scheme.
If sanctioned, beneficiary shall be issued a Pension Passbook.
You can find the detailed information at:http://nsap.nic.in/Guidelines/nsap_guidelines_oct2014.pdf
Details of NSAP coordinators are listed as below:
1 ANDHRA PRADESH M. Satyananda 09908521117 firstname.lastname@example.org
2 ARUNACHAL PRADESH R.T Riba (Director) 0360-2245080
3 ASSAM Parul Barua (Deputy Director) 09435102905 email@example.com
4 BIHAR Sandeep Poundrik (Secy) 09931919291 firstname.lastname@example.org
5 GOA Gurudas P Pilarneear (Jt. Secy) 09763554136 email@example.com
6 GUJARAT R.S Patil,Director 09978405578 firstname.lastname@example.org
7 HARYANA Ramnath (Section Officer) 0941749691
8 HIMACHAL PRADESH Maneesh Garg (Dirctor) 09418096033
9 JAMMUAND KASHMIR Jeet Lal Gupta (Secretary) 09419000708
10 KARNATAKA Kathyayani (Asstt. Director) 09845621928 email@example.com
11 KERALA Sarada Muraleedharan 09446566440 firstname.lastname@example.org
12 MADHYA PRADESH V.K Batham (Secretary) 09406731500 email@example.com
13 MAHARASHTRA G.K Wagh (Deputy Secy) 09022639360 firstname.lastname@example.org
14 MANIPUR G. Satyabati Devi (Director) 09436022412 email@example.com
15 MEGHALAYA Osterwell Swer (SSA NIC) 09774002458 firstname.lastname@example.org
16 MIZORAM Vanlaldini (Director) 09436142653 email@example.com
17 NAGALAND T.Merang Aier (Director) 09436016999 firstname.lastname@example.org
18 ORISSA Arun Kr.Mohanty 0674-2391171 email@example.com
19 PUNJAB Lily Chaudhary (Director) 09781816268 firstname.lastname@example.org
20 RAJASTHAN Tapesh Kashyap (programmer) 09414251150 email@example.com
21 SIKKIM A.Pradhan (Addl.Secretary) 03592-203676
22 TAMIL NADU Rajesh Lakhani 09840433055 firstname.lastname@example.org
23 TRIPURA B.Sinha Secretary 2321760 email@example.com
24 UTTAR PRADESH Kiran Srivastava 09415614608
25 WEST BENGAL Barun Kumar Ray 09830568000 firstname.lastname@example.org 26 CHHATTISGARH K.P.S Rao (Secretary) 09425838533 email@example.com
27 JHARKHAND Umesh pd. Singh 09431134140
28 UTTARAKHAND Vyonsh Dube (Deptt of Social Welfare) 09412988237 firstname.lastname@example.org
29 ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR K.K. Jindal (Secretary) 09434287009 email@example.com
30 CHANDIGARH Gian Chand 2700062 firstname.lastname@example.org
31 DADRA& NAGAR HAVELI A.K.Singh (Spl Secretary) 2642721 email@example.com
32 DAMAN& DIU S.P Dixit (Secretary) 2230088 firstname.lastname@example.org
33 DELHI Anjali Twari (Welfare Officer) 23324037 email@example.com
34 LAKSHADWEEP Marnya Ete 262256 firstname.lastname@example.org
35 PONDICHERRY S.Rajeshwari 0413-2242621 email@example.com