The Performance and Credit Rating (PCR) scheme
- The Performance and Credit Rating (PCR) scheme which was formulated in consultation with Industry Associations, Indian Banks Association (IBA), and Rating Agencies in April 2005.
- The primary objective of this scheme is to create awareness amongst micro and small enterprises about the strengths and weaknesses of their existing operations.
- This scheme aimed at providing these industries with an opportunity to enhance their organizational strength.
- The scheme is also to facilitate them in increasing their acceptability from the Banks/Financial Institutions, Customers / Buyers and Vendors.
- This scheme was launched to help Small Scale Industries (SSI) to access credit from banks faster and on better terms.
- The entire process of rating is to be completed by the rating agency in a month from the date of receipt of all information from the applicant unit.
- A uniform rating scale, covering the combination of credit and performance factors, is prescribed under the scheme.
- The existing provision under this scheme maintained that the fee payable by MSE to the rating agency is subsidized up to 75% of the fee.
- Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum) Registration Certificate.
- Partnership Deed / Memorandum & Article of Association.
- Authority letter to sign the application.
- List of all partners / directors with their age, address, Net worth / Income Tax Return, qualifications and experience.
- Copy of the audited accounts for the last three years (where accounts for the last year has not been audited provisional accounts duly certified by a Chartered Accountant along with two years audited accounts are to be submitted).
- In case of new project/expansion, copy of the project report containing a brief project profile, cost of project, source/means of finance.
- Brief write-up about the products manufactured, end users, marketing tie-up and orders in hand.
- Details of subsidy, tax concession available to the applicant.
- Quality certificates, export awards won membership of any associations.
- Any other information that would enable us to understand your business better.
- Rating is an independent, trusted third party opinion on capabilities and credit worthiness of MSEs.
- Rating facilitates MSE units to bring out the advantages and disadvantages of their existing operations and take corrective measures to enhance the strength of their organization.
- Good rating helps MSEs to access to funds at cheaper rates and better terms.
- Rating facilitates prompter credit decisions from Banks on proposals of MSEs.
- Good rating enhances the acceptability of the MSEs with their customers and buyers.
- Good rating facilitates buyers in capability & capacity assessment of MSEs before finalizing purchase contracts.
Nature of assistance
(a) 75% of the total fee up to to a maximum of Rs. 25,000/- will be reimbursed to the micro or small enterprise with a turnover of up to Rs.50 lakh
(b) 75% of the total fee subject to a maximum of Rs. 30,000/- will be reimbursed to the micro or small enterprise with a turnover of above Rs.50 lakh to Rs.200 lakh.
(c) 75% of the total fee subject to a maximum of Rs. 40,000/- will be reimbursed to the micro or small enterprise with a turnover of above Rs.200 lakh.
Who can apply?
Any enterprise registered in India as a micro or small enterprise is eligible to apply