National Safai Karamchari Loan scheme
National Safai Karamchari Loan scheme Overview
The National Safai Karamcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC), has been created by the Government of India for the overall welfare of the safai karmacharis and their family members. They are the persons responsible for all types of cleaning throughout the country. NSKFDC has several schemes to benefit this category of workers. There are the different loan schemes that they have rolled out for the eligible beneficiaries.
Documents Required for National Safai Karamchari Loan scheme
Documents must prove that the person is engaged as safai karmachari or is a dependent family member of safai karmachari.
Benefits of National Safai Karamchari Loan scheme
There are 8 types of loan schemes that are available for the beneficiaries:
1. Term Loan: A maximum amount of Rs. 15 lakhs is disbursed for any feasible scheme that can help in the self-sufficiency of the beneficiary. It needs to be paid back within 5 years.
2. Micro Credit Finance: This loan is provided to a maximum number of 10 persons in a group. Rs. 50,000/- is given as individual loan and collectively a maximum amount of Rs. 5 lakhs is provide as a separate loan.
3. Mahila Samridhi Yojana: This is a financial assistance provided to the beneficiaries for setting up small businesses. The upper limit for this loan is Rs. 50,000/-. The amount has to be repaid within a period of 3 years.
4. Mahila Adhikarita Yojana: A loan of maximum of Rs. 75,000/- is extended to women safai karmacharis and their daughters who are reliant on them. The money has to be used for setting up of small scale businesses.
5. Education Loan: This assistance is given to the students who are family members of these safai karmacharis. The financial aid is provided to pursue professional courses and Higher Studies in a list of subjects provided by the Government body.
6. Swachhta Udyami Yojana: This loan is given to the people in the beneficiary group who are ready to build up and run the public toilets. It is a joint venture between the private parties and the government. A maximum amount of Rs. 25 lakhs is arranged.
7. Sanitary Marts Scheme: Sanitary Marts are set up by the beneficiaries. Objects that are required for sanitation are sold at these parts. A maximum amount of Rs. 15 lakhs is permissible under this scheme. These are basically shops that also extend sanitary related services.
8. Green Business Scheme: A maximum of Rs. 1 lakh loan is provided to the beneficiaries. This is given only in the case of expenses for income generation activities that are environment-friendly in nature.
Safai karmacharis and their family members can select the most suitable scheme among these and apply for financial assistance.
Loan Application under this scheme are subject to approval by the project committee. However, the procedure is as follows:
Application Procedure for National Safai Karamchari Loan scheme
- Loan Applications should be submitted to the District Offices of State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) of NSKFDC. Loan Applications can also be submitted to the Branches of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) or Nationalised Bank.
- Applications are sent to the respective Head Office after scrutiny.
- The viability of the project proposals are appraised by the head office and the viable projects are sent to NSKFDC along with recommendations. The Project Appraisal Committee of NSKFDC may also review project proposal and place it before the Board of Directors for consideration and sanction.
- If sanctioned by the Board of Directors of NSKFDC, the sanction letters, also called Letter of Intents, are issued to the place where application was submitted (SCAs/RRBs/Nationalised) for informing the applicant.
- Once the sanction letters are issued, applicant is required to follow the paper-work (loan agreement/documents.)
- If all the conditions, as listed in Lending Policies & Guidelines of NSKFDC, are met, funds are released by NSKFDC to the SCAs/RRBs/Nationalised Bank for the disbursement to the beneficiaries.
To read about the scheme in detail, visit:
National SafaiKaramcharis Finance & Development Corporation
List of Channelizing Agencies
A.State Channelizing Agencies nominated by State Govts./ Union Territory Administrations
|SN||State/Union Territories||Contact Details of Channelizing Agencies|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh Scheduled Castes, Co-Operative Finance Ltd, 5th Floor, Telgu Samkshema Bhawan, Masab Tank, Hyderabad-500028 (A.P) Te l. No. 040-23315970, 23321141, Fax. No. 040-23301402 E-mail ID- md[underscore]apsccfc[at]ap[dot]gov[dot]in|
|2||Assam||Assam State Development Corporation for Scheduled Castes, Ltd., Swahid Delip Hozari Path, Sarumotria Dispur, Guwahati- 781006 (Assam) Tele No. 0361-2261796,23321141, Fax No. 0361-2261617|
|3||Bihar||Bihar State Scheduled Castes, Ltd., Co-Operative Devp. Corp. Malyanil Buddya Colony, Patna-800001 (Bihar) Telefax No. 0612-2525612 E-mail ID- bssccdc[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|4||Chandigarh||Chandigarh SCs, BCs, and Minorities Financial & Development Corporation Ltd., Addl. Town Hall Building, Sector-17-C, 3rd Floor, Near D.C. Office, Chandigarh-160017 Tele No. 0172-2700372,2701449, Fax No. 0172-2700105 E-mail ID- social[underscore]welfare[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|5||Chattisgarh||Chattisgarh State Coop. Antyavasayaee Finance & Development Corporation, B-9, Sector-5, Devendar Nagar, Raipur-492001(Chattisgarh) Tele No. 0771-4248605,4248601, Fax No. 0771-4248617 E-mail ID- tataantyasca[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|6||Delhi||Manging Director, Delhi SC, St, OBC, Minorities, Physical Handicapped Fin. and Devp. Corpn, Ambedker Bhawan, Institutional Area, Sector, 16, Rohini-110085 Tele No. 011-27570627,23378278, Fax No. 27572662,27572706 E-mail ID- secy[dot]scst[dot]delhi[at]nic[dot]in|
|7||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli Scs/STs, OBC & Minorities Finance & Dedvelopment Corporation Ltd., 2nd Floor, Right Wing,Old, DIC Office PWD Complex, Silvassa -396230 Tele.Fax NO. 0260-2642044 E-mail ID- dddnh[underscore]scst[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|8||Daman & Diu||Daman & Diu SCs/STs/OBCs Minorities Finance & Development Corpn. Ltd., 2nd Floor, Right Wing, Old DIC Office, PWD Complex, Silvassa-396230 Tele Fax No. 0260-2642043|
|9||Goa||Goa State SCs and Backward Classes Finance & Devp. Corporation, 4th Floor, Patto Center, EDC Complex, Near Kadamba Bus Stand, Panaji-403001(Goa) Tele No. 0832-2438177,2438180 Fax No. 2438178 E-mail ID - goaobc[at]gmail[dot]com|
|10||Gujarat||Gujarat Safai Kamdar Vikas Nigam, Block No.1, 3 rd Floor, Karmayogi Bhavan, Sector-10/A, Gandhinagar - 382 010 (Gujarat) Tel No. 079-23256415,2326747 Fax No. 079-23259378 E-mail ID- gskvn[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|11||Haryana||Haryana SC Finance & Development Corporation SCO 2427-28, Sector-22-C, Chandigarh-160022 Tele No. 0172-2700224, 2721874, Fax No. 2541828 E-mail ID- hsfdc24272428[at]gmail[dot]com|
|12||Himachal Pradesh||Himachal; Pradesh Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Development Corporation, Kalyan Bhawan, Near Mohan Park, Solan-173212 (Himachal Pradesh) Tele No. 01792-223505,223763,222045, TeleFax No. 01792-220058 E-mail ID- mdhpscstdc[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|13||Jammu & Kashmir||J&K Scheduled Castes & Backward Classes Devp. Corporation, 715-A Last Morh, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu-180004 (J&M) Telefax No. 0191-2433229,2452009 E-mail ID- contact[at]jkscstdc[dot]corp[dot]in|
|14||Jharkhand||Jharkhand State SC Cooperative Development Corporation, Kalyan Complex 3rd Floor, Balihar Road, Morabadi, Ranchi -834008, Jharkhand Tele No. 0651-2490665,2490665, Fax No. 0651-2490672 E-mail ID- jsscdc[dot]ranchi[at]yahoo[dot]in|
|15||Karnataka||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Development Corporation Ltd., 9th & 10th Floor, Vishweshwariaih Mini Tower, Dr. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore 560001 (Karnataka) Tele No. 080-22868870,22867097, Fax No. 080-22860396 E-mail ID- mdadcl2011[at]gmail[dot]com|
|16||Kerala||Kerala State Development Corporation for SC & ST Ltd., Town Hall Road, Thrissur-680020, Kerala Tele Fax No. 0487-2331469 E-mail ID- ksdcho[at]gmail[dot]com|
|17||Madhya Pradesh||Madhya Pradesh State Cooperative SC Development Corporation,Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, 35 Shyamala Hills, Bhopal -462002, Madhya Pradesh Tele No. 0755-2661744,2661844, Fax No. 0755-2661612 E-mail ID- mpscfdc[at]gmail[dot]com|
|18||Maharashtra||Mahatma Phule Backward Class Devp. Corp. Ltd., Juhu Superme Shopping Center, Gulmohar Cross Road No. 9, J.V.P.D. Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai-400049, Maharashtra Tele No. 022-26200351,26702586, Fax No. 022-26705173 E-mail ID- mahatma[dot]phule[at]yahoo[dot]in|
|19||Manipur||Manipur Tribal Devp.Corp. Ltd., Lamaphelpat, Imphal-795004, Manipur Tele. No. 0385-2451696, Fax. No. 0385-2451696|
|20||Meghalaya||Meghalaya Urban Devp. Agency, Raitiong Building, Shillong, Meghalaya Tele. No. 0364-2225297,2224702, Fax No. 0364-2210037 E-mail ID- mudashillong[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|21||Mizoram||MInzoram Urban Cooperative Devp. Bank Ltd., Lalsawmliani Buiding, Top Fl;oor, Aizwal- 796001, Mizoram Tela Fax No. 0389-2346508 E-mail ID- mucoaizvl[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|22||Nagaland||Nagaland Industrial Devp. Corporation Ltd., IDC House, Dimapur-797112, Nagaland Tele No. 03862-226473,230574, Fax No. 03862-228209 E-mail ID- ID-nidc[at]nagaing[dot]com|
|23||Odisha||Orissa Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Devp. & Finance Coop. Corp. Ltd., Lewis Road, Bhubaneshwar-751014, Orissa Tele No. 0674-2431798,2430052, Telafax. NO. 0674-2432107 E-mail ID- osfdc[underscore]orissa[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in|
|24||Punjab||Punjab SC Land Devp. & Finance Corporation Ltd., SCo No. 101 to 103, 1st Floor, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh-160017 Tele No. 0172-5025092,5062905, Fax No. 0172-5005907 E-mail ID- edpscfc[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|25||Puducherry||Puducherry Adi Darivdar Development Corporation Limited, No.30, 2nd Cross, Pon Nagar, Reddiyarpalaym, Puducherry-605010 Tele No. 0413-2200372,2200692, Fax No. 2200318 E-mail ID- padcopon[at]nic[dot]in|
|26||Sikkim||Sikkim Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes & Other Backward Classes Devp. Corporation Ltd (SABCCO) BHanupath Road, Gangtok, Sikkim-737101 Telefax No. 03592-229430-205318 E-mail ID- niduptl[at]hotmail[dot]com|
|27||Rajasthan||Rajasthan SC & ST Fianance & Development Cooperative Corporation Ltd., Nehru Sahker Bhawan, Central Block, 3rd Floor, Bhawani Singh Road, Jaipur-302002 Tele No. 0141-2740833,2740544 Fax No. 0.141-2740880 E-mail ID- gmscdcho[at]gmail[dot]com|
|28||Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing and Development Corporation Ltd., Tamil Nadu Housing Board, Shopping Complex, 2nd Floor, Thirumamgalam (Anna Nagar) Chennai-600101, Tamil Nadu Tele No. 044-26152052,26154775, Fax No. 044-26154107 E-mail ID- thdcoheadoffice[at]gmail[dot]com|
|29||Tripura||Tripura Scheduled Castes Cooperative Development Corporation Ltd., Supari Bagan, Krishna Nagar, P.O. Lake Chowmani , West of Tripura, Agartala-799001, Tripura Tele No.0381-2226543,2224134 Fax No. 0391-2327029 E-mail ID- ramalkar[at]gmail[dot]com|
|30||Uttar Pradesh||U.P.Scheduled Castes Finance & Development Corporation, B-912, Sector C, Mahanagar Lucknow -266006 Uttrar Pradesh Tele No. 0522-2322085,2335347 Fax No. 0522-2334689 E-mail ID-md[dot]hqupsfdc[at]gmail[dot]com|
|31||Uttrakhand||Uttrakhand Bahuudeeshiya Vitta Evam Nigam , 161, Nehru Nagar, Old Nehru Colony, Dehradun-248001(Uttranchal) Tele No. 0135-2712061,2669723 Fax No. 0135-2675226 E-mail ID- vikasnigam12[at]gmail[dot]com|
|32||West Bengal||West Bengal Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Development and Finance Corpn,CF-217/A/1, Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700064, West Bengal Tele No. 033-40261500,40261506, Telefax No. 033-40051233/1234 E-mail ID- wbscstdfc[at]gmail[dot]com|