PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) is a life insurance scheme formally launched by PM Narendra Modi on May 09, 2015, in a move towards creating a universal security system, targeted especially towards the poor and underprivileged.
- The scheme will offer a one year insurance cover for death due to any reason and is renewable on a yearly basis. It will be offered through LIC and other Indian private Life Insurance Companies who are willing to join the scheme.
- All savings bank account holders of participating banks who are between the age of 18 to 50 years are entitled to avail the scheme.
- If an individual has multiple bank accounts, he/she will be eligible to avail the scheme through one bank account only.
- The beneficiary must give consent for premium to be auto-deducted from his/her savings account.
- Individuals who join the scheme after the enrollment period will have to pay the full premium, produce a self-certification of good health and give a declaration that he/she is not suffering from any acute and critical medical condition at the time of registration.
- An assured sum of Rs 2 lakh is payable to the nominee on death of beneficiary due to any reason. The insurance cover is offered with a mere premium of Rs 330 per annum which is auto-debited by the bank from the subscriber’s savings account.
- The scheme offers protection at an affordable cost with easy enrolment and instant processing with no medical examination required.
- Aadhaar Card is the primary KYC document required for the scheme.
- Bank Account details
- Recent Photograph
How to Apply
Interested individuals need to download the Consent-Cum-Declaration form from the website of the bank in which one has an account.
The form needs to be filled with personal details, Aadhaar Card number, registered phone number, email id and nominee details after which it has to be submitted to the bank.
Interested persons can also give his/her consent to the scheme via sms based or email based subscription.
You can find the detailed information at:
Department of Financial Services,
Ministry of Finance,
3rd Floor Jeevan Deep Building,
New Delhi – 110001
Smt Bhumika Verma
(Dy. Director, Department of Financial Services )
011-23362129 / 23362782
National Toll Free: 1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001
State-Wise Toll Free numbers can be accessed here: http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/StatewiseTollFree.pdf