Pradhan Mantri Nai Manzil Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Nai Manzil Scheme is an integrated education and livelihood initiative of the Ministry of Minority Affairs for the holistic development of minority communities. It is to enable minority youth who do not have a formal leaving certificate to obtain one and find better employment.
- Nai Manzil offers a Basic Bridge education and certification up to VIII or X class through the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) or any other state board.
- It targets minority BPL (Below the poverty) youth who are school drop-outs from minority concentrated blocks.
Nai Manzil will be implemented in minority areas across the country in a phased manner. The eligibility criteria for the program are:
- The trainee should belong to Minority community notified under the National Commission for Minorities Act 1992 or notified by the State government/UTs.
- The scheme will consider beneficiaries from minority concentrated pockets existing within a non-minority district or city.
- The beneficiary should be between 17 to 35 years of age.
- The beneficiary should belong to the BPL category both from rural and urban areas.
- 30% of the seats will be reserved for girl/women candidates and 5% for differently abled minority beneficiaries.
- 15% candidates will belong to the BPL families of non-minority communities to promote inter-community solidarity.
- The scheme will ensure access to formal education and sustainable employment opportunities for the minority youth which has the potential to integrate them with mainstream economic activities.
- Training will be provided to participants (according to skill demand in the particular region) from a range of sector specific vocational skills programs available under the project and will also include training in soft skills, basic IT and basic English.
- The scheme also offers post placement support to candidates for at least three months through regular counseling session.
- The beneficiaries will receive an Education stipend of Rs 6,000 for six months and Skills stipend of Rs 4,500 for 3 months, including Rs 4,000 as post placement support for candidates.
- Each youth undergoes a 3 month long skill training according to his aptitude and capability in market driven skills that guarantees placements to at least 70% trained participants which would earn them basic minimum wage and social protection entitlements like Provident Fund and Employee State Insurance.
- All participants will also be provided an educational unit on health awareness and life skills.
- The scheme has emerged after the government signed an agreement with the World Bank. The International Development Agency would contribute 50 million rupees along with the 50 million rupees that India has set aside for this scheme.
- For schooling in Class VII Bridge Program, candidate should possess Class V pass or failed school leaving certificate.
- For Class X Bridge Program, the candidate should possess Class VIII pass school leaving certificate.
- Additionally, candidates need to provide a self-attested certificate stating capability to pursue the course in the above two programs.
- Bank account
- Aadhaar Card
- Identity Card for age and address proof
- BPL certificate
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can seek admission in the program by visiting the Nai Manzil training centre in their locality. The location of the scheme centres is to be tagged on Google Maps.
- Candidates can apply online through the MIS portal of the scheme. The agency responsible for mobilizing youth can register beneficiaries for the program through this portal.
- The Programme Implementing Agencies will conduct mass counseling and mobilization drives to create awareness of the progress and enroll eligible candidates into the program. The candidates will have to attend eligibility tests, counseling and pre-training programs conducted by PIAs.
- The MIS portal will be advertised widely in the minority areas and will be made available through the Common Service Centres (CSCs) of the National e-Governance plan and National Labor Market Information System.
You can find the detailed information at:
Ministry of Minority Affairs,
11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhavan,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi- 110003
Shri Madhukar Naik Dheeravath
Room No: 1131
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org