Govt launches Umang app to track all govt schemes
The shift from e-governance to m-governance has been phenomenal.
Keeping this is mind Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has unveiled UMANG app to help Indians stay updated with many government services.
UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance -- offers more than 150 services which includes:
- Student services: e-Pathshala, CBSE, Kendriya Vidyalaya, NCERT & AICTE and National Scholarships
- Farmer services: Info on Crop insurance, Soil Health card, Kisan Suvidha, Extension reforms
- Health services: Online registration of patients
- Youth services: PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Household services: LPG Booking at HPCL, BPCL and IOCL
- Pension services: Jeevan Pramaan, National Pension system
- EPFO service: Provident fund service
- PM Awas Yojana, GST Network, NHAI (National Highway Authority of India), emigration services
- Land record (Gujarat) and eDISHA (Haryana)
- Passport services
Many more services to be introduced include:
PAN, CRPF, NDMC, State services of Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Assam and many more.
- Needs compact storage of 15 MB
- Support in 13 Indian languages.
- Intergration with Aadhaar and DigiLocker.
- 200 services and over 1200 high-impact services.
To download the app visit: www.umang.gov.in
You can call 97183-97183 or IVRS at 1800-11-5246
The app is available on Windows, Android and iPhone.