Haryana Establishes SOTTO To Promote Organ Donation
Haryana is now leaping towards a new dawn in the healthcare sector. The state government has now decided to promote the organ donations in the state. It has established a State Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (SOTTO) to further its intention.
The SOTTO is to be established in Rohtak at Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS). The Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal in this regard and has directed the officers to accord top priority to this project.
The facility is directed to be established by January 31, 2018.
An annual outlay of Rs 88.90 lakh including recurring and non-recurring expenditure for the organisation has been made.
A nodal officer for the programme has been appointed at the PGIMS, Rohtak.
The administrative roles will be assumed by PGIMS, Rohtak and other government, government aided and private medical colleges in the state.
All medical care centres in the state will:
- Creating public awareness about need for organ donation
- Motivate people to pledge their organs
- Motivate family members to donate organs after death of a family member
- Identify and notify brain death
- Develop organ retrieval
- Share the information about availability of organs with hospitals