Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) | Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the SOP e-learning portal? What is the advantage of such a portal?
The MoRD has mandated a set of standards to be followed for the implementation of projects under DDU-GKY. This set of standards is called the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). All project functionaries are required to be certified in the SOP. The portal allows users to learn about SOP at their own convenience/ pace and then take the Final Certification examination. The portal has many advantages. Users can access the course material at their own convenience. They can also participate in the Discussion Forum.
2. Is the e-learning portal the only way to learn about the SOP? What to do if one faces technical problems while using the portal?
Currently the online course is the preferred mode of training for all project functionaries. However classroom training is provided in special cases, on a need basis. If you face any technical problems send an email on any of the addresses mentioned on the Key Contacts page here http://ddugkysop.in/mod/page/view.php?id=21
3. What are the courses available on the SOP e-learning portal?
Currently two categories of courses are available online, namely:
- Professional Course: It is intended to provide training in different aspects of the SOP for project implementation under the scheme.
- Master Trainer Course: It is for those who wish to become trainers in different aspect of the SOP for project implementation under the scheme.
Three courses are offered in each of the above categories namely:
4. Is there any registration or enrollment fee?
5. Who is eligible to apply?
- Anyone between 15 and 35 years of age
- Anyone who is unemployed or works as labor in fields
- Any daily wage worker engaged in odd jobs
- Anyone who belongs to a family where at least one person has worked for 15 days in the MGNREGA scheme in the last year
- Anyone who belongs to a family where one person belongs to a Self-Help Group (SHG)
- For persons older than 35 years, there is a relaxation for women, persons with disabilities, victims of human trafficking and other vulnerable groups
6. What skills/ trades can one choose from?
There are currently over 330 trades or job-oriented roles in which DDU-GKY offers training. One can choose from the 39 identified industry sectors.
7. What is the curriculum followed by DDU-GKY?
Skilling programs have been designed keeping occupational standards in mind. Occupational Standards describe what individuals need to do, know and understand in order to carry out a particular job role or function. DDU-GKY offers training programs with curriculum as recommended by National Council for Vocational Training(NCVT) or Sector Skills Council (SSC) or National Skill Development Council (NSDC). The Certificate of Training from NCTV and/or SSC is recognized by the government and most employers in the private sector as a symbol of learning and achievement which will get you a job with higher salary.
8. How to apply?
You can reach out in any of the following ways:
- Get enrolled with your Gram Panchayat /Gram Rozgar Sewak, who in turn will recommend the nearby Training Centre or its mobilization staff to meet you and offer you counseling and guidance
- Give a missed call to 1800-MORD or 1800-6673. They will get back to you with a few questions. On responding correctly to the questions asked, a mobilization team from a nearby training centre will be sent to visit you at your home.
- Find a nearby training centre and contact them directly
- Find a trade you want to learn, and the contact information of the training centre teaching the trade
- Fill in the application form available at http://ddugky.gov.in/apply-now . Your passport size photo will be required.
9. Where to join DDU-GKY?
Today, DDU-GKY has over 1,100 Training Centres across the country. In the next 2-3 years, more than 2,000 Training Centres will be operational and training people for various jobs. To find a Training Center near you, visit: http://ddugky.gov.in/map-listing
10. What added benefits will the candidates enjoy?
- Completely free skill training at the Training Centre.
- Aadhaar Card or similar bio-metric Identification Card.
- A Bank Account in your name.
- Completely free food and accommodation in a residential training program.
- Reimbursement of travel (to and fro the Training Center) and meal costs.
- Free uniform, books and learning material. Free access to a computer at the computer lab with working internet. Free access to a tablet PC at the training centre to use and learn.
- DDU-GKY Skill Training Certificate from NCVT or SSC upon successful completion of the training program.
- Job Interviews and placement opportunities at no cost. And a job with a minimum salary of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- Post Placement salary top-up every month for 2-6 months
- Free counseling and guidance from the training centre or Migration Support Centre.
- In case of Industrial Internships, you will get:
- Rs. 4,500/- one time for travel to or from the placement to or from your home, directly transferred to your bank account.
- Rs. 5,000/- per month Stipend for 12 months from start of job directly transferred to your bank account. This will be paid only when your employer submits proof that you are working in the job.
- After 12 months of successful training, a job with a minimum salary of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
You could also be placed in a foreign job, with a minimum salary of US$500 per month (Rs. 30,000/- approximately).